Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well, that does it

Since finding Bones I have almost entirely lost interest in other procedurals. CSI and Law and Order both used to be staples of my TV diet. The only thing that kept me occasionally peeking into either was William Peterson's character Gus Grissom on the original CSI. I like geeks!

Today I read that he's leaving the series. The 10th episode of the upcoming season will be his last a a cast regular. On the one hand, it will be interesting to see if a show can survive losing it's lead. I think it's been done before, in ER for example, with Anthony Edwards leaving. But on the other hand, it completely takes all last vestiges of interest I held onto in regards to this show. It does give me hope for one thing, however. This better lead to a life-time of geek love with his girl Sarah, who ended her run as a series regular last season. I may tune in to the 10th episode just to find out.

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.