Friday, June 6, 2008

Time for some Book Learnin'

So far I've been coasting on my own research and analytical skills in the formatting of my scripts. I've looked at countless websites, templates, and sides. But yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and buy a few TV writing books. It's too late to help my pilot with them: for that I'm just praying someone is curious enough to call or email me for more information! I hope they help my future writing immensely, however. I seem to be learning so much every day and I'm trying hard not to punish myself for information I'm picking up only AFTER my pilot has been submitted. I should be simply proud that I got it out and it didn't utterly stink!

One of my favorite sites has turned out to be Jane Espenson's blog. She's insightful, experienced and humorous and I feel that I've picked up so much information already... and I've only read the first 2 months of her archive.

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.