Monday, April 28, 2008

House


At my friend's suggestion, I decided to give House a try. How could I say no when I lovingly (I swear) nudge her to try Bones?

I played it on Hulu at my computer, through the speakers, just as I do with Bones. Dear Husband's reaction was swift: turn it off! Instant dislike. He didn't like the dialogue, or anything else for that matter.

I decided to watch all the episodes listed before making my decision. I was ambivalent at first but while watching 'Frozen' with Mira Sorvino I began to see House's charm.

I love the science aspect, however...I find it hard to believe that a single hospital would get so many rare and interesting cases continually. I would find it more believable if we were watching a team of investigators travel around the country assisting other doctors with their special cases and that could be another reason I liked 'Frozen' more than others. Caveat: I have only watched the most recent 5 episodes of House so I have no idea if this was addressed early on. I'm giving my view as a newly interested audience member.

I really do like the show's feel though. I like that the main character is a total jerk who has a completely caring and even needy best friend. I love the wit and the unexpected and how the many varied characters play off each other.

I still haven't decided if I'll keep watching this show but for now it has one thing going for it: it immediately follows Bones! I'll try to have a better review at the end of the season when I've seen a few more episodes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should keep watching it for sure. I love house. Watch it from the start. I think you'll grow to love it.

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.