Friday, August 15, 2008

Erm, update

This is mostly cut straight from an email to a very nice person from Germany who wanted to know. That made my day Jeannie!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Right now things are insane! I just found out I didn't make the cut with my TV pilot idea. But that was not unexpected. It was the first thing I had written in years and within a month of submitting it I knew a million and one ways I would have done it differently. It was a great learning experience!

I completed a Bones spec script. Jamie Frevele and I both wrote full scripts. It was her idea, as a way to do something with the Zack story. Her script is very Zack focused and will make the extremely rabid Zack fans happy. Mine is much more like a weekly episode, where the secondary story involves Zack. Unless something major happens, we're going to put them out to fans 1 week before the premier.

I would love to write for TV full-time, but I live in Eastern Tennessee, a couple thousand miles from Hollywood. We'll see though. There are still options open to me. (I like to think so at least.)

In the meantime I have begun working on a novel. I'm loving it. (Wishing I could sit down and do nothing but this.)

I wish I could wipe the slate clean and write all day but I do have a mostly full-time job and I'm in the midst of trying to transition to some freelance writing work but it's not easy. Applying for jobs is taking up all of my free time. I badly want to put up more episode reviews for the old shows but I feel like I never have the time! When we get new shows though, I will definitely be on top of reviewing them.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

And there you go!

Oh yeah, we have enhanced TV for the first time in our marriage. What am I most interested in, outside of Bones perks?

Modern Marvels baby! I'm such a geek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's sweet of you! And don't forget to eat and sleep, please.

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.