Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just call me Buttah Fingas

Hi, my name is Wendy. I am a klutz.

I drop everything, including myself on occasion. I am not allowed to take off my wedding rings or engagement ring in public places. There's at least and 80% chance that suddenly, for no explicable reason, a trio of musical pings will soon follow as they hit the ground. And heaven help me if the floor is carpeted. Good luck finding them then!

It goes beyond that, however. I'm a typing klutz as well. My story, and I'm sticking to it, is that my brain is moving faster than my hands. I leave off 's's, I drop letters, I make mistakes like "I am ore than that" in place of "I am more than that" and many many more hilariously bad examples of typing: "What not to do" with a keyboard. If you can think of a typing error, I'm pretty sure I can put a check mark beside it. (And for you literal minded people, *cough* dear husband *cough*, I refuse to even address the other 'what not to do's' I have committed with a keyboard. We will not be discussing milk today.)

There was a point to this...oh, yes. Script. So, yeah, I have this script thing. It's going to be handed over early next week, I hope. In deference to my typing faux pas, I have let a few people read it. It's more than a smidge embarrassing to see page after page of marks with the most mundane of errors - 'shp' instead of 'shop', 'her' instead of 'here', 'co-works' instead of 'co-workers'.

That 14th 's' you forgot, it really sticks with you.

But, I'm happy to report that aside from typing errors it seems to be well-received in this small group who've seen it. The 2 who watch the show say it sounds like a real episode and in an equally glowing compliment, the 2 who don't watch now want to watch the show. I'm pulling in fans. Yeah!

So who else will see it? Well, we're doing something very cool with our scripts next week. I can't say more. But a couple of weeks after that, before the next season premiers, we should be posting them publicly for anyone willing to have a peek. Even in script format, I think they'll be a fun read.

Mmm, pie....

5 comments:

Jason said...

I actually lost my weeding ring one night while I slept. I didn't notice it till I was at work the next morning, but I went home and checked the bed, and shore'nuff, there it was! Crazy!

Leedra said...

Notice...Jason makes typing errors too, or he wears a weeding ring instead of wedding ring. Typing errors are VERY common. You didn't have many in that script. Can't wait to start watching.

What is this about milk? Sounds like another story waiting to be told. Or should your husband tell this story?

mom2abntb said...

You crack me up with your typing errors. I've noticed that I make them too and I think it IS because our brains are moving much faster than our hands. Don't worry...you aren't alone. And I'm DYING to read the script!
P.S. I'm glad I found your personal blog as well :)

Wendy said...

Welcome! =)

Jason said...

LOL, weeding ring. Better not let the Mrs. find out about that one. And yeah, I can't spell my way out of a wet paper bag. It's that brain going faster than the fingers syndrome.

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.