Saturday, July 12, 2008

Well, whadda ya know...

I got a lot done yesterday. Amidst giving mechanics money for normal repairs/maintenance on both our cars I managed to get some good writing done. I finished Act 1 of the Bones "Zacksplanation" spec script completely. I'd say I'm about 1/3 done with the entire script. Unfortunately it looks like that 1/3 might be a whopping 30 pages by itself. And that's just the 6 page teaser and Act 1! I think (read hope) the other acts are smaller than the monster that is Act 1, but we shall see. It was interested, digging in, and visualizing the flow in my mind. I could see things like the points where the actual show would add a few very short cuts to different scenes to keep the momentum going. I added 2 short vignettes that weren't there before.

I think in general I might have a couple of scenes that are way too long. I'm just going to keep trucking with it and when I'm done hopefully it will be easier to then go back and see where there happens to be dead weight I can cut out. There's a scene in Act 2 with a character that gives the biggest group of details about the victim's life and tells a character story. I'm afraid to type that one into the computer and see how big it really is. But I'm running with "more is more" and the idea that it's easier to cut than add parts that won't flow as well. That or I might just be writing a 2 hour episode without realizing it...

PS Super Smash Bros Brawl (which we got for 1/2 price on Amazon) is the devil of a fun timewaster. I am Bowser. I SMASH!

1 comment:

ADDhole said...

Oh Boo Hoo Hoo. Write the silly thing already and then send your Valentine's card to Hart Hanson!!!!

It's going to turn out great when you're done so keep pluggin'.

Signed - You're number one fan.

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.