Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Streak Definitely Broken

I've made huge script progress since I last posted a writing update. The outline is complete, the teaser and part of Act 1 are written as well as many other scenes. The science part scares the bejeebus out of me at times but my great friend, Lance, has been helping me tremendously with that and even with that discussion gave me an idea that may reshape part of the crime victim's life.

I learned so much in writing the other spec (that's about 80% complete) that I've refined my process a lot. I outlined there, but this time I outlined more specifically and in more detail. More importantly, I made a reference version of the outline. Last time I came up with the story and started outlining in my head, and then jotted down something so I could find act breaks. This time I came up with the story, started building the scenes but wrote the outline with specific focus on the act breaks. I think it, at the least, has made my organization easier. And if you're organized it's far easier to avoid the nasty writer's block. I always know where I stand in the story so I'm not getting distracted by loose ends or other scenes or broad questions.

Despite it being summertime, the Bones blog is hopping too. There is constantly some type of cast or show news trickling out and I'm really enjoying compiling and presenting it each day. I've unfortunately been slacking on my old episode reviews, with everything else going on, but I hope to remedy that soon.

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.