Monday, May 5, 2008

Buffywatch: One thing bugs me

Humans often don't like to tell another person the entire story when they are emotionally troubled. We like to hide things, hoping the other person will just 'know'. I understand that, I do. But in a TV show it bugs me. It works for the characters' relationships, but what about the relationships between the characters and the viewers? I don't like having to guess: now wait a minute, did she just walk out because she was upset that he...? or because he...? or something else? Throw us a bone!

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.