Sunday, May 11, 2008

Writing update

I'm only a few pages away from finishing the script. I have the remaining plot completely outlined it's just a matter of forming the dialog. Then a last check on formatting, maybe tweak a few details, and hand it off to the friends nice enough to savage it. It needs it, I'm sure. And better they savage it now and help me improve it. I dare not dwell more than a moment on what could happen if I win this contest. Better that I put my energy into doing the best job I can and then leave it be. Other than that and prayer there isn't much I can do!

I did put up a new fanfiction chapter today. Took me a week and a half to get those 1200 words up though for a week I've had most of it written. I often get stuck on where to start. On that chapter I had the start outlined in description but not truly formed. This morning the start came to mind and from there the rest quickly flowed. I've put over 25k words up over there. That's about 40 pages of a novel!

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.