Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Songs that won't go away

I'm mired in distraction today. I think it's because I've given out my 'baby' yet again so there's not much else to do but sit on my hands which leaves me with a lot of excess brain energy.

Enter...Nickelback.

This is seemingly incongruous for me. My favorite music list is: everything but rap and hiphop. I mostly listen to country since the local country station rules the radio here and has the best morning show, but in my car you'll find everything from Garth Brooks to Sheryl Crow to Shakira and Bagpipe music. Yes, I did say that.

I'm a big fan of Bones and I can't imagine anyone here not knowing that, but people can always surprise you. Monday night, a soon-to-be-dead-guy sang a version of Nickelback's 'Far Away.' As I was more than happy for this guy to fulfill his victim destiny I was disinclined to listen to what he sang. But, I later did find the original version and was pleasantly impressed. I've started to listen to other songs by the band and now I can't get this one out of my head:

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.