Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Title Page Makes it Real

This weekend I finally gave my script a title page. It's all so real now. I sat down, over a month, and wrote a pilot. My husband and at least 1 very good friend have helped me immensely but it's still my baby. It has 'written by' and my name on it. And people are going to read it. People who could actually decide it's good and that it merits the efforts of others to turn it into a real live show.

It's at once exciting and scary. I wish I could imbue it with the essence of my intent: blessing it with all the enthusiasm and hope I can hardly tamp down. Blood, sweat and tears come no charge.

No comments:

# Pieces Written

Scripts - 3

4 if you count re-writing Sleeping Beauty, Hillbilly-style, in High School

Novels- 1 + .1 + .7

Can I count my 14 or so mentally composted story ideas? No? Drat.

Short Stories - 2

I'll say two officially, so far (one of those still needs to be typed up)... I lost at least 2 of my old ones and I've wiped the slate clean.

Poems- 3...4? 42?

I won awards for 3. After that I lost count.